Chronotek Timekeeping Midyear Review
Posted on 30 Jun 2014
It has been a busy year for us in the world of telephone timekeeping. As Ferris said, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
We want to pause for a moment at the midyear point and look back at what we have been doing at Chronotek this year. This is more for the benefit of our customers who are so busy that they may have missed a few things.
- Budget Planning. We unveiled a new budget planning tool to help keep your job contracts on track. It is powerful. It is simple. It’s unbreakable, so give it a shot. We wrote several blog articles about it. Take a look at our Budget Series.
- Calendar based Job Scheduler. We released a new calendar based job scheduling module. With Schedule Manager, you can create schedules with many recurrence options and receive late/no-show alerts. It also shows you an employee’s weekly hours across all jobs so that you don’t schedule her for overtime. You can view and schedule by employee or job. Read about Smart Scheduling.
- Prohibit Unauthorized Phones. We made it possible for you to mark phones as unauthorized which will prohibit your remote employees from using them to clock in or out. The call attempt is logged for you to see. Unauthorized News.
- Employee Notes. We added an employee Notes tab. Make customized labels and track notes on employee call-outs, raises, bonuses, termination reasons, etc.
- Job Notes. We added a Job Notes tab. Supervisors can log notes about work performed, facility size and details, issues incurred, alarm codes, etc. Managers can leave notes for supervisors to review.
- Enhanced location features. We are licensed with Google Maps to offer enhanced location features. When adding job sites enter the address and see the location populate on the map. We are in the early stages of these exciting new capabilities, particularly with a new travel/mileage feature that will be released soon, so stay tuned.
- Smartphone App. We are in the final stages of developing our smartphone app for iPhone and Android and registering with the app stores. The App version will be very similar to our existing mobile site which we hope that you are utilizing. Read 8 reasons why you should be using it to monitor your off-site workers.
It has been said that 7 is the number of completion, but we promise you that we are not finished. Simplifying the lives of our customers is our highest priority and as long as we continue to discover ways to make this happen, our hands and minds will be busy.
Don’t miss anything. Be sure to stop and look around once in a while.